- Article processing charges for all articles published in the journal are fully sponsored - read more
- ICEP welcomes authors from all around the world for a regional balance in disseminating most recent research findings
- The journal is indexed by ESCI and Scopus
- All articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 license, authors will retain copyrights - read more
With this thematic issue “Team Concepts in ECEC” we plan to take a closer look not only at the composition of teams, but also at established and innovative team approaches in a variety of countries. Understanding how these concepts evolved and discussing the potentials and challenges of their implementation in everyday practice is our main aim.
Benefits of publishing in IJCCEP
The IJCCEP has been accepted in Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) and is indexed by Scopus
The International Journal of Child Care and Education Policy (IJCCEP), as a scholarly outlet selected and reviewed in ESCI, has been identified as important to key opinion leaders, funders, and evaluators worldwide. ESCI allows researchers to discover new areas of research in evolving disciplines, as well as relevant interdisciplinary scholarly content across rapidly changing research fields. All articles published in this journal are discoverable via the Web of Science with full citation counts, author information and other enrichment.
Longitudinal studies in ECEC – challenges of translating research results into policy actions
Edited by Bernhard Kalicki, Namhee Woo and W. Steven Barnett
This collection highlights the potential of results obtained from longitudinal studies to inform about the impact of early child education and care on learning and development, and encourages their use for evidence based policy making.
Pic by George Hodan CC0 1-0
Aims and scope
This journal disseminates research and analysis regarding major issues of child care and education policy relating to young children and their families to a broad international readership, including policymakers, researchers, and practitioners. As a peer reviewed journal, it invites submission of articles concerning policy reforms, empirical research on early childhood education and care (ECEC), policy analyses and comparisons, and more.
This journal is a joint publication by Korea Institute of Child Care and Education (KICCE) and the National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER) since May 2013.
The publication costs for International Journal of Child Care and Education Policy are covered by Korea Institute of Child Care and Education, so authors do not need to pay an article-processing charge.
It publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, and government reports, including but not limited to the following fields:
• Assessment and evaluation of ECEC policy and programs
• ECEC curriculum and pedagogy
• Workforce qualifications and development of ECEC staff
• Financing ECEC services
• Regulations and standards of ECEC
• Family and community engagement
• Quality issues in ECEC
• Integration of education and care in ECEC
• Policy on diversity and social inclusion in ECEC
• International comparisons of ECEC policy
Nowadays children aged between 3 and 6 years are mostly attending one of the two major forms of preschool viz. public and private preschools in India. Even though public preschools are free of any financial cost to the parents, their preference is more towards private preschools. Based on a primary sample of 1369 children from 1369 households, this study explores the determinants of parents’ preschool choices between public and private.
Annual Journal Metrics
2022 Citation Impact
1.9 - 2-year Impact Factor
1.9 - 5-year Impact Factor
1.503 - SNIP (Source Normalized Impact per Paper)
0.449 - SJR (SCImago Journal Rank)
38 days submission to first editorial decision for all manuscripts (Median)
416 days submission to accept (Median)
277 Altmetric mentions
This journal is indexed by
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Education Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Education Database
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- ProQuest Sociology
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- ISSN: 2288-6729 (electronic)