This journal disseminates research and analysis regarding major issues of child care and education policy relating to young children and their families to a broad international readership, including policymakers, researchers, and practitioners. As a peer reviewed journal, it invites submission of articles concerning policy reforms, empirical research on early childhood education and care (ECEC), policy analyses and comparisons, and more.
This journal is a joint publication by Korea Institute of Child Care and Education (KICCE) and the National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER) since May 2013.
The publication costs for International Journal of Child Care and Education Policy are covered by Korea Institute of Child Care and Education, so authors do not need to pay an article-processing charge.
It publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, and government reports, including but not limited to the following fields:
• Assessment and evaluation of ECEC policy and programs
• ECEC curriculum and pedagogy
• Workforce qualifications and development of ECEC staff
• Financing ECEC services
• Regulations and standards of ECEC
• Family and community engagement
• Quality issues in ECEC
• Integration of education and care in ECEC
• Policy on diversity and social inclusion in ECEC
• International comparisons of ECEC policy